Fruit that Remains
The absolute necessity of baring spiritual fruit is stressed throughout the scriptures. Jesus Himself told anyone who believes & follows MUST bare fruit or risk being cut off and thrown into the fire! John15:1-6 He also pointed out that the 'Fruit baring' would be impossible apart from the Vine, which represents HIM. This fact is constant throughout scripture. Paul said, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" Phil4:13. Peter said, "Arm yourself with the Mind of Christ & cease from sin!" 1Pet4:1-2 And John said, "Everyone who has his hope in HIM purifies himself just as HE is Pure!" 1Jh3:3
The importance of fruit baring is clear. Your salvation depends on it! You MUST have something to show forth the genuineness of your faith in Christ, or risk eternal destruction. The Parables of our Lord bring this truth to bare in vivid reality. (That's why the vast majority of so-called Christian preachers reject the parables as doctrine, but read 2Tim3:16-17) Nevertheless they teach this vital truth, that a true Christian must bring forth Fruit that remains.
What exactly is the FRUIT of the Spirit?
1) The Bible clearly enumerates spiritual fruit, Gal5:22-23, Eph5:9, Phil1:11, Col3:14-16
2) Specifically it has to do with Christ like 'love, endurance, Peace & Joy'
3) Spiritual Fruit is the Mind & Image of Jesus Christ stamped upon the human heart
4) Baring this Fruit is shown forth in Behavior, Conduct & attitude
5) Winning souls is a natural outworking of the Mind of Christ in you! 1Pet1:15-17, 2Pet1:4
Many of the Parable are salvation issues. Therefore those who hold to the false doctrine of eternal security must reject them as mere illustrations and nothing more. BUT the truth stands, throughout the New Testament, salvation is Conditional on human willingness to Continue in the faith with Steadfast endurance to the end. (Matt10:22, Rom2:7-10, Col1:22-23, 1Cor15:1-2)
It's the 'Work of Faith with Power' that results in final salvation, 2Thes1:11. The new convert MUST be properly instructed in this essential truth or 'fall away' to eternal ruin. Please mediate on these important scriptures seldom, if ever, quoted by the preachers:
"Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has Great reward! For you have NEED of Steadfast Endurance, so that after you have DONE the Will of God you MAY receive the promise!" Heb10:35-36
"Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of disobedience." Heb4:11
"Make EVERY EFFORT to enter by the Narrow Gate, for many will try & not be able!" Lk13:24
"Make EVERY EFFORT to ADD to your Faith..." 2Pet1:5
"Make every effort to be found by HIM without spot and blameless!" 2Pet3:14
1) The Talents are distributed, each according to his own ability. Follows Paul's teaching in Eph4:7, 1Cor15:10 'Grace is given by measure according to Christ's gift!'
2) The Fruit is produced, building on the foundation of Christ. God gives the increase; 1Cor3:5-11, 2Tim2:20-22. The Vessels are either fit or unfit for service!
3) One received the talent, but hides it in the ground. Disobeying the direct Command to let the Light shine forth as testimony to the Truth, Matt5:14-15.
4) When the accounts are settled by the Lord, the ones who produced an increase were welcome into His Kingdom! But the 'fruitless' servant was cast into outer darkness, lost forever.
5) Moral to the story: To he who has, MORE will be given, he who does NOT have, even was he 'thinks' he has will be taken away. Pretty clear cut. (no wonder the osas teachers reject it)
The Parable of the Faithful & Evil Servant, Matt24:45-51, Luke12:35-48
1) The Wise & faithful servant will be found DOING when the Master returns
2) The evil servant begins to scoff & eat & drink with the drunkards and is caught by surprise at the Master's return, thereby losing his inheritance forever.
3) Moral according to Luke: 'To whom MUCH is given, MUCH is Required!' Grace is His indescribable gift, 2Cor9:15, to mankind. It REQUIRES everything you have to attain.
Baring Fruit that Remains! John15:1-6, 16
The vital importance of understanding this paramount truth of scripture is illustrated by the Lord in this passage. He explains that He Himself is the True Vine & His Father the Vine dresser. In the Vine we are Clean & Pure, fully capable of baring much fruit through Him.
But the truth remains. You are but a Branch, if you refuse to Abide (remain steadfast in the faith, obey the truth, allow the Word to work in you) you will WITHER on the Vine, be broken off, gathered and thrown into the fire and burned.
However IF you Continue to Abide in Christ, you will bear much fruit, glorify God, and Remain. BUT only on the Condition you 'Continue' in Him, grounded without compromise, immovable and Steadfast to the end! Col1:22-23, Rom2:7-10
Fruit of the Spirit vs Works of the flesh Gal5:16-26, 6:6-10 The Promise of Life!
The importance of understanding the reality of Walking in the Spirit is the focus of Gal5. ONLY by walking by the dictates of the Spirit, putting to death the deeds of the body, can anyone fulfill the Righteous requirements of God's law and thereby enter into life! Rom8:1-3
This is probably the most misunderstood truth of scripture. Some teach you can live totally according to the flesh and remain in life, opposite Rom8:13. Others say you will be 'kept' by God regardless what you do, because He is faithful & will NOT allow you to fall away. Again, opposite the teaching of scripture, Matt10:33, 1Tim2:12 Still others say you can indeed fall away to eternal ruin, but ONLY if you totally reject Christ & become extremely wicked.
What is the truth? Stated clearly in this portion of scripture are the 'Works' of the flesh,
"Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambition, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries."
Those who DO these things WILL NOT inherit the Kingdom! Gal5:19-21
In Contrast the Fruit of the Spirit is; Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Basically, the MIND & IMAGE of Christ!
Stated in the Present tense, Gal5:24, "Those who are Christ's have 'now' crucified the flesh with it's passions & desires!" Therefore walking to please the flesh is NOT an option. The flesh is crucified with Christ, Rom6:6-7, Freed from the bondage of sin & OBEYING the leading of the Spirit. No further condemnation exists in this state IF you continue in the Spirit, Rom8:1
The Promise of Life! Gal6:7-10
1) DO NOT be Deceived, you Reap what you Sow. (Stated throughout the bible)
2) Sow to the flesh, Reap corruption, death, hell in the end
3) Put to death the deeds of the body, Sow to the Spirit, Reap eternal life! (Not rewards)
4) Do not grow weary in well doing (don't give up!) For in due season you will receive the promise. In Christ, the ONLY thing that matters is a NEW CREATION! Gal5:15
Conclusion: Don't let anyone deceive you! The Work of Faith with Power is the WORD of God working in you, as you OBEY it, Js1:21-22, You personally MUST put to death the deeds of the body by the Power of God's Word, and Continue to do so, or end up Lost, deceived, back on the road to hell. Study & meditate over the truths of scripture until these things are made Clear in your mind by the Holy Spirit. Don't rely on what men say, your soul is hanging in the balance.